Tuesday, October 18, 2011

9 month's later... and a new city!!!

Hello all.

It has been quite some time since we last spoke... read... whatever.  Anyways, I am no longer located in New York City, the food Mecca of the world or so it seems. I am now an official New York to Boston convert.  No I'm not a Red Sox fan now.  Not a Patriots fan either, but I am here for the long haul.
One Thing that I have noticed is that the food scene in Boston is lacking.  It's like the little brother that wants to act just like its older sibling just to be cool.  I'm still waiting to get a decent meal out here that isn't from a 4 star restaurant.  And hey, that's still a little sketchy. 
But I must say the food truck scene and the beer taps out here are pretty damned good.  That is one thing I do not miss about NYC.  When it comes to beer variety and price, Boston has us New Yorkers beat hands down.  Hell a $4 pint of Sam Adams/Stella/Harpoon and maybe $4.50 for a micro brew!!!  I'm surprised I’m not sloshed right now.  My 20 bucks will have me happy at the end of the night with beer in my belly and some fried bar food in my gut.  In NYC that $20 just bought me a Pint and a 1/2 of Stella not including tip. 

Well I promise to show you some of my whimsical tirades and recipes once I get back into the swing of things.  As for now keep the fire burning and make sure not to cut yourself. 

Stay Sharp.

-J.

P.S.

Here is a little recipe to keep you calm while I figure some new stuff to show you.

Spicy shrimp
Spicy Vanilla Grilled Shrimp with lime.
Just when you Thought Summer was over, here is a little shot to keep you warm and remember those dog days of summer.
1 lbs       16/20 shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ cup    Sweet chili Sauce
1 tbsp    Vanilla Extract (pure)
2              limes, juiced.
Salt and pepper to taste.
This one is easy ladies and gentlemen.
Combine everything but the shrimp.  This is your marinade and sauce.  Now split it in half and use one part to marinade the shrimp and set the other half to the side for the dipping sauce. 
Let the shrimp marinade for at least 30 minutes and then grill until cooked.   Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious, thank you for this.
    I was just in New York and Boston actually with my wife. In New York we stayed at the Edison it Times Square but we plan to Boston.

    Peter Nowlan
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    sharpener-pete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete